Sunday, March 2, 2008

First Day Post

I've been creating a lot of fiber art lately and as my BAP (Best Art Pal), Sharon, told me. You can blog it as easily as you can send me a pic. So I'm here to share and here goes.

I recently took a workshop with Rosemary Eichorn to learn a little more about her fabric collage technique. Although, I didn't learn too much more than what I already knew, she is a nice teacher and I did get some cool tips. More importantly, I had the entire day to create my fabric collage. It is still waiting to be quilted using free motion stitching; but in the meantime, I created a couple of smaller ones. The first one ("Dreaming of the Sun") is being auctioned by Fiber Artist Virgina Spiegel to benefit the American Cancer Society - a cause near and dear to my heart because my dad died of lung cancer.

The other ("La Virgen") is going to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative to raise money for Alzheimer's research. Both have been beaded and quilted using free motion stitching.

Then last night I couldn't sleep. What to do? So I go up to my studio. I had already talked about altering a jacket. I started another Virgin collage and that's where it ended up at. It is a fabric collage which has been sewn to the back. I then threw it in the wash and dried it. It needed a major "haircut" when I took it out (waaay too much fraying) and it still needs to be beaded.

What fun is this?!Here's the link for Virginia Spiegel's website auction.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whooo Hooo! You're good to go.
luv, CL