Saturday, July 12, 2008

What's New?

Been a busy girl lately... signed up to teach summer school and the entire month of June just flew by. I still had a little time to do and learn a few new things and I will be posting them throughout the week.

Here's something I've played with before - Tyvek Beads. I belong to the Houston Bead Society and signed up to teach the July program on (guess...) oh yeah... Tyvek beads. So I decided to try it, write the instructions and make some samples. You know, so I could look like I know what I'm doing. This is the result. I pretty much used the same technique, but right before applying the clear embossing powder to it, I took a good look at the bead and decided I really liked the matte finish. In the end, all I did was rub on a little copper color onto the crevices and then added some copper beads to make a pair of earrings.

No comments: