Monday, July 21, 2008

HBS Annual Challenge

The Houston Bead Society issues a challenge every year. The President usually selects and puts together packages of beads, findings, etc. that are sold to members. The challenge is to use the entire package (along with some of your own beads) to create something beady. This year's package had coin pearls, silver spacers, silver beads and stone beads. We were also told we could not use any shade of brown.

I used the entire package along with some more pearls, pinky glass beads, crystals and a cool shell donut pendant that I had bought some years ago. Rather than stringing, I used thin gauge wire to wrap the components into this necklace.

I thought you'd enjoy seeing a close-up rather than the entire necklace.

Now I'm on to my next project - a heart block for the outgoing president of the Greater Houston Quilt Guild... any ideas??

No comments: