Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Spiral Peyote Bracelet

At last, it's finished. The colors in the photo aren't quite accurate. In real life, the color beads are more purple with a matte yet still slightly shiny finish - almost like dichroic glass. I used size 6, 8 and 11 beads. Once I got going, it was easy (especially when I had my "mantra" going) but, what a finicky thing it was to close up the ends! I could not figure out if it was a complete spiral or not and where to match up the ends. But, I'm sure that comes with experience and lots more bracelets.

The Spiral Bracelet was from a class I took with Nancy Jones and Peanut (the store manager) of Tiny Dog Seed Beads. My beady pal and Houston Bead Society President, Shirley and I have been going every Thursday to learn something new from Nancy. It's a great way to spend a couple of hours with friends laughing, learning and beading.

On a whole different matter, cool, dry days are very rare in Houston and it's been absolutely gorgeous the last few days. I just had to post this picture of my jasmine in full bloom! The smell that wafts from it is absolutely heavenly and it is the first thing that greets me as I walk in the back gate.

No comments: