Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Collage Mania II Submission

My original submission for Collage Mania II was lost coming back during a Show and Tell. Luckily for me, Virgina Spiegel was very understanding and allowed me to create another one. I tried recreating "Dreaming of the Sun," but I wasn't happy with it. So, I ended up with this: "La Virgen" (#2).I was much happier with this one! Many thanks to Virginia for being so patient.

If you want to look at all of the mixed media yumminess going on with Collage Mania II or even better - bid on a quilt - then go visit Collage Mania II. It benefits the American Cancer Society. As some of my friends already know, I lost my dad to complications of lung cancer in December of 2003, so I was delighted to be a part of this effort.

This weekend Houston Bead Society hosted the fabulously talented and way cool bead diva Sherry Serafini! You know how some artists' work just "speak" to you? Well Sherry is one of those artists. Her work is spectacular and the pictures just plain don't do it justice. We worked on a Freeform Pendant and Embroidered Cuff - which I will post as soon as I finish them. I learned a load of new ways to do one of my favorite techniques from a fun, fascinating lady. Did I tell you she created a beaded belt for Steven Tyler of Aerosmith? She rocks!!

No comments: